Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Do Something Crew 2011

Alright so the last time you heard from me I was all amped about reaching fitness goals I haven't been consistent in maintaining over the years. I encouraged you to decide & share your goals here & promised I'd do the same.

Well, after weeks of silence, I have returned with a plan!  I'm excited because this time around all of the important keys are in place for me to start toward my Fitness Goal 2011. So I'm partnering up with a group made up of family & friends, called the Do Something Crew 2011. We've committed to starting toward our goals today, logging our progress & holding each other accountable with a $2.50/day penalty for days missed for the next 90 days.  Thus, perpetuating consistency.  The person with the least about of days missed get the Pot (sum of money from everyone's missed days).  :~)

I have committed to doing P90X!  The program is laid out as for what to do each day.  My plan for nutrition is to stay away from sweets, sugary drinks, white carbs (bread, pasta, sugar, etc) & high-sodium snacks & foods.  Outside of the occasion fast food, the food I consume at home is 8 times out of 10 healthy.  Healthy fast food options are oxymorons (b/c most contain loads of sodium & sugar) but I try to make as close to healthy choices when I do eat out (baked, smoked or grilled instead of fried or breaded; at least 1 green veggie, etc).  I do not buy really fattening desserts (sorbet is my frozen treat of choice), sugary juices or soda; I snack on mixed nuts, PBJ, and cereal (which is usually high in fiber --- Frosted Mini Wheats, Honey Bunches of Oats, Special K Strawberry).  My down fall is my cereal portions.  (Will definitely be eyeing that more closely than before.)  I'm lactose intolerant, so I buy Soy Milk & stay away from a lot of dairy on the regular, but occasionally add some cheese into the mix.  I eat eggs (no specific type). 

Usually I buy my vegetables frozen, since canned veggies have so much sodium.  Buy chicken, beans or fish for protein.  As for fruit, I'll buy it fresh, frozen or canned (probably not the best idea).  Bread, I do whole wheat or multi-grain.  Pasta, whole wheat.  My peanut butter of choice is Jiffy's Reduced Fat.  I know there are healthier, natural options out there.  The reduced fat does not take away the taste & my house guests in the past have agreed. Been doing most of this one for years already.  Gave up soda years ago as well.  The goal with my nutrition is to balance my intake with more vegetables & protein to nourish my body for the road ahead.

I'll be taking multi-vitamins regularly & may add a protein supplement (bar, powder or drink) to my nutritional routine.  Oh, and how could I forget ---->>> plenty of water.  Not only will my body be craving it, but I will be getting my 64oz of water daily.  Six days of working out, one day of rest or as my body demands = FUN TIMES ahead!!!! 

It's a journey but I'm ready. What about you? What's your game plan? 

Let's get it X 90 (times ninety)!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment